Gilroy Catholic College takes an interdisciplinary approach to contextualising learning for our students.
Across all disciplines students are encouraged to consider their own experience within a global context. Students connect and contextualise learning through:
- A one-to-one BYOLT (Bring Your Own Learning Technologies) program that provides students with the digital skills required for 21st century learning
- A range of classroom media including whiteboards, interactive SMART boards and monitor displays that allow students to present and communicate learning
- Cross-curriculum projects including STEM classes in Year 7 that allow students to gain an understanding of world issues and the relationship they have to a range of Key Learning Areas
- Student involvement in the College newsletter, The Loop, that allows students to have a voice and communicate with parents, teachers and other students
- School-wide teaching strategies, such as PALS (Purpose, Audience, Language, Structure), that empower students to be proficient communicators and complex critical thinkers.