At Gilroy Catholic College creativity is embedded across all aspects of College life. In every classroom, teaching and learning approaches maximise the possibilities for innovation and creative thinking.
Beyond the classroom, students participate in a variety of programs and initiatives that allow for the expression of individual voice and talent. Students are challenged to solve complex problems and design, produce and evaluate solutions. They do this through:
- STEM classes in Year 7
- College bi-annual musicals, CAPTIVATE (creative and performing arts program for Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese), Gilroy Art and Performance Evening
- Extracurricular opportunities that encourage problem solving and lateral thinking, for example the Gilroy College Chess Club who participate in a variety of external competitions
- Students having the opportunity to participate in a variety of representative sports, including: Hockey, Rugby League, Soccer, AFL, Netball, Athletics, Basketball, Volleyball, Triathlon, Cross Country
- Industry standard Audio Visual equipment that allows students to capture and edit a range of multimedia
- A well-equipped industrial kitchen to provide students with industry-standard experience in service and hospitality.